The Nephrology department has conducted more than 1000 dialyzes and has been recognized as one of the leading dialysis units in the region for its efficiency.The team of senior nephrologists has extensive experience in dealing with complicated cases. Apart from delivering top notch patient care, they are actively involved in carrying out front line academic research in Nephrology.
Team of Nephrology comprises of 3 eminent consultants
They are backed by AKD staff of 10 persons to provide round the clock dialysis facilities.
9 state of the art hemodialysis machines, high capacity reverse osmosis water plant with the facility to provide bed side dialysis to all ICU patients, and 8 beds in AKD (artificial kidney department) to provide 24 x 7 dialysis facility.
Round the clock Hemodialysis and Nephrology services are offered.
- Hemodialysis:There are around 25 machines for hemodialysis, 16 stations in AKD and remaining for ICU and ICCU
- Peritoneal dialysis:Counseling, patient acceptance, options for manual or automated peritoneal dialysis and training for the same are provide with help of a special team.
- Kidney biopsy:Performed by nephrologists and reported by histopathologist, in close conjunction with nephrologists so as to achieve best diagnosis through best clinic pathological correlation.
- Renal histopathology:Routine processing includes light microscopy, immunofluorescence and electron microscopy. Special immune histochemistry staining is also performed.
- Interventional nephrology:It is a new and upcoming sub-specialty of nephrology and works towards access for dialysis, AV fistula surveillance, interventions to salvage AV fistula, tackling central venous stenosis, creating vascular accesses in patients with multiple levels of venous stenosis, diagnostic ultrasonography
Areas of treatment:
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Dialysis – Haemodialysis & peritoneal dialysis
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Congenital kidney disorders
- Glomerular disorders
- Tubular disorders
- Acid-base & electrolyte disorders
- Renal stone disease